Math 280: Selected topics in probability and combinatorics
UC Davis, Fall 2013
News and announcements
General course information
- Instructor: Dan Romik
- Lecture times and place: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:10-4:30 in MSB 3106
- Office hours: By appointment (or feel free to just show up in my office, MSB 2218)
- Course description: Here is a syllabus.
The course will be based on a textbook I am writing, which can be found here.
- Grading: The course will have no final exam. The final
grade will be based on two components:
- 3 homework problem sets that will be given out over the quarter.
- A final writing assignment.
This could take the form of either a traditional final paper, or a
Wikipedia-style article, on a subject related to the course material.
The goal with a Wikipedia-style article would be to actually publish
the article on Wikipedia and in this way contribute useful knowledge
on advanced mathematical subjects to the public domain.