ResearchBruno Nachtergaele works in Mathematical Physics. His main interests are Equilibrium and Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, Quantum Spin Systems, Quantum Information, and applications of these fields in Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science.
- Mark Fannes, Bruno Nachtergaele, and Andre' Verbeure, "The equilibrium states of the Spin-Boson model, "
Comm. Math. Phys., 114(4): 537-548, 1988, full text.
- Mark Fannes, Bruno Nachtergaele, and Reinhard Werner, "Finitely Correlated States on Quantum Spin Chains, "
Comm. Math. Phys. 144(3): 443-490, 1992, full text.
- Michael Aizenman and Bruno Nachtergaele, "Geometric Aspects of Quantum Spin States, " Commun. Math. Phys., 164: 17-63, 1994, Math arXiv.9310009.
- Elliott Lieb and Bruno Nachtergaele,
"The Stability of the Peierls Instability for Ring-Shaped Molecules, " Phys. Rev. B, 51: 4777-4791, 1995, Math arXiv.9410100.
- Bruno Nachtergaele and Horng-Tzer Yau, "Derivation of the Euler Equations from Quantum Dynamics, " Commun. Math. Phys., 243: 485-540, 2003, Math arXiv.0209027.
Honors and Awards
- 2007, Elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 2002, Invited Lecture International Congress of Mathematicians, Beijing
Last updated: 2008-03-11