Home Page: http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~kapovich/
Position: Distinguished Professor
Year joining UC Davis: 2003
Degree: Ph.D., 1988, Institute of Mathematics, Siberian Branch of Soviet Academy of Sci., Novosibirsk
Refereed publications: Via Math Reviews
- Low dimensional geometry and topology. Kleinian groups and hyperbolic manifolds in all dimensions.
- Representation varieties of finitely generated groups.
- Configuration spaces of arrangements and mechanical linkages.
- Spaces of nonpositive curvature.
- Geometric group theory.
- Geometric representation theory of Lie groups.
- M. Kapovich and J. J. Millson, "On representation varieties of Artin groups, projective arrangements and the fundamental groups of smooth complex algebraic varieties," Math. Publications of IHES, 88:5-95, 1999,
- D. Gallo, M. Kapovich and A. Marden, "On monodromy of Schwarzian differential equation on Riemann surfaces," Annals of Math., 151(2):625-704, 2000,
- M. Kapovich, "Hyperbolic Manifolds and Discrete Groups," Birkhauser's series " Progress in Mathematics,", 183, 2000,
- M. Kapovich, "Generalized triangle inequalities and their applications," Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians -Madrid, August 22-30, 2006. Eds. Marta Sanz-Sola, Javier Soria, Juan L. Varona, Joan Verdera. 2:719-742,
- M. Kapovich, "Homological dimension and critical exponent of Kleinian groups," Geometric Analysis and Functional Analysis, 18(6):2017-2054, 2009, Full Text.
Honors and Awards
- Gold medal of the Societ ministry of higher education for the best master thesis, 1985-86
- NSF grants 1993-1995, 1996-1999, 1999-2002, 2002-2005, 2004-2008, 2006-2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2015.
Last updated: 2012-04-16