Mathematics Degree Requirements
MAJOR REQUIREMENTS and PLANNING
Major requirements, study plans, and sample schedules are listed below. The study plans are for guiding and scheduling coursework for each of the majors in the Department: Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics & Scientific Computation, and Mathematical Analytics and Operations Research.
Please note that your study plan MUST be approved by your faculty adviser and a copy of your approved study plan MUST be on file in the Student Services Office, room 1130. Failure to file your approved study plan could result in an unanticipated delay in graduation. Any questions? Feel free to contact the Student Services Office.
ONLINE ACADEMIC PLAN FORMS NEW!
Academic plans can now be completed in the Student Advising Portal (OASIS) systems. You can find the link here. These plans will be accepted in place of a paper academic planning form starting Fall 2014.
- Overview of Degree Requirements (PDF) 2014-2016 Catalog Year
- Overview of Degree Requirements (PDF) 2012-2014 Catalog Year
- Study Plans
- AB Mathematics: Plan 1 - General Mathematics (PDF)
- AB Mathematics: Plan 2 - Secondary Teaching (PDF)
- BS Applied Mathematics (PDF)
- BS Mathematical Analytics and Operations Research (PDF)
- BS Mathematics: Plan 1 - General Mathematics (PDF)
- BS Mathematics: Plan 2 - Mathematics for Secondary Teaching (PDF)
- BS Mathematical and Scientific Computation - Computational and Mathematical Biology Emphasis (PDF)
- BS Mathematical and Scientific Computation - Computational and Mathematics Emphasis (PDF)
- Sample Schedules
Math Minor or Teaching Credential
You may also be interested in getting a Math Minor or information on our California-approved subject matter preparation program for the Single Subject Teaching Credentialing in Mathematics.