University of California, Davis
emeyer [at] math [dot] ucdavis [dot] edu
I am a PhD student at UC Davis in the math department and the applied math graduate group.
I am currently the president of UCD's student chapter of the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM).
Broadly, I study mathematical biology. I'm currently working on models for neurohormonal regulation in cardiac muscle cells.
I have also done research in experimental neuroscience (investigating
the mechanism of food- and drug-induced circadian rhythmic patterns via the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the mouse brain) and in analysis (using variational methods
to study two-parameter eigencurves for the p-Laplacian Sturm-Liouville equation). Contact me for any additional details!
- MAT 012 (Summer Session II 2018): Precalculus
Teaching Assistant (recent):
- MAT 025 (F17): advanced calculus/introductory real analysis
- MAT 017C (S17): calculus for biosciences
- MAT 017A (W17): calculus for biosciences
- UC Davis AB540 and Undocumented Students Center: resources for students and education and training for peers and educators.
- Math Alliance: "... that every underrepresented or underserved American student with the talent and the ambition has the opportunity to earn a doctoral degree in a mathematical science."
- Algebra Project: "national, nonprofit organization that uses mathematics as an organizing tool to ensure quality public school education for every child in America... by using best educational research and practices, and building coalitions to create systemic changes."
- Math E-Mentoring Network: "... designed to address relevant questions that students, postdoctoral researchers and junior faculty may have regarding their own advancement in mathematics... especially those who may not have sufficient mentoring at their current institution."
- SACNAS national and at UC Davis: "... working to make sure that those most underrepresented in STEM have the support they need to attain advanced degrees, careers, and positions of leadership."
- Mathematically Gifted and Black: a website created by the Network of Minorities in Mathematical Sciences highlighting the accomplishments of black mathematicians.
- Lathisms: featuring the contributions of Latin@s and Hispanics in the mathematical sciences.
- Parable of the Polygons: an interactive playable game/exploration of a mathematical model for the effects of individual choices on community segregation.
- Hedonometer: aggregate data on global happiness collected from social media, organized and represented in various ways.
- ... more coming!