Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Mathematics
University of California, Davis
Office: 3238 MSB
Office hours: TBA for winter term
I am teaching MAT 22A - Linear Algebra in Winter 2015.
I have been teaching MAT 165 - Math and Computers in Fall 2014.
Here is my old homepage from TU Munich:
Awards and R&D Experience
- We won the EEPA 2013 (European Excellence in Practice Award) with our work on "Geometric clustering for the consolidation of farmland and woodland"! "We" means a joint work with Prof. Gritzmann from TU Munich, and Prof. Brieden from the Bundeswehrhochschule Munich.
- Lead of R&D project ArborTec of the Bavarian State Ministry (1.4.2012 - 15.9.2013). This project is the "woodland" part of the EEPA!
Research Projects and Interests
My research is based on the study of high-dimensional objects arising in data analysis and operations research. The geometric properties of these objects contain information about the combinatorial structure of the problem, and therefore show approaches for practical algorithmic solutions. In particular, the various diameters of polyhedra here are important.
With these methods, I work in a wide field of interdisciplinary projects, ranging from aquatic ecology to land consolidation. The analysis of big data, in particular clustering under constraints, is a common demeanor.
- Lead of project ArborTec of the Bayerische Staatsministerium für Ernährung, Landwirtschaft und Forsten (1.4.2012 - 15.9.2013). This project is the "woodland" part of the EEPA!
- Clustering Models and Algorithms for Land Consolidation
- Geometric and Constrained Clustering: Gravity Bodies and Power Diagrams
- Data Analysis
- Diameters of Polyhedra
- Combinatorial Optimization in Life Science
- Software Engineering
Publications and Teaching
See my CV!