- Mentors and mentees should plan to meet weekly during the quarter for approximately 1 hour (except 2-3 weeks each quarter described below)
- Mentees should plan to spend 3-4 hours each week reading or working on problems or examples between meetings
- Mentors and mentees can choose 2 weeks during each quarter to skip weekly meetings to accommodate times of heavy course work. These decisions should be made jointly by mentor and mentee.
- Mentees will give a final presentation of what they have learned through either a short talk or a poster. Mentors will provide guidance and help in preparing for this presentation.
- Mentors and mentees should maintain their performance towards their degree. DRP activities should not interfere with success in classwork for mentee or mentor.
- Mentors and/or mentees should contact the organizers or faculty mentor if special circumstances come up or they are uncomfortable or struggling with anything in the program.
- All program participants should treat each other with respect, patience, and understanding. The program should be a safe space for learning where everyone (mentee or mentor) feels comfortable saying I don't know, or I don't understand this, and takes it as an opportunity to learn.
These documents give suggestions on how your meetings can be structured. (You may need to log into your UC Davis account to access the documents--contact an organizer if you have trouble accessing them.
- Apply as a mentor or mentee September 18 - October 3
- Fall Welcome event: Monday October 9, 4-5:30pm MSB Courtyard
- First meeting with your mentor: October 9-13
- Have a plan for what you want to read and initial goals: October 16-20
- Mentor conversation November 30, 3-4pm
- Complete your reading project by Week 5 of Winter quarter
- Prepare your poster/talk Winter quarter Weeks 5-8
- Final presentations: February 28 (and possibly also March 1)