Algebraic and topological combinatoricsPh.D.,1993,Massachusetts Institute of Technology,Cambridge
Web Page: http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~babson/
Office: MSB 2109
Current Courses: MAT 16A, MAT 127C, MAT 201A
Office Hours: M 3-6
- Algebraic and topological combinatorics
- Moduli representations of path algebras
- Random simplicial complexes
- Presheaves on finite categories as a generalization of graphs
- E. Babson, C. Hoffman, M. Kahle, "The fundamental group of random 2-complexes," preprint, 2008, arXiv0711.2704.pdf.
- E. Babson, B. Huisgen-Zimmermann, R. Thomas, "Moduli spaces of graded representations of finite dimensional algebras," Algebra and its applications, 7-27, "Contemp. Math. 419," Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2006. (Reviewer Jon Eivind Vatne). Math Sci Net abstract.
- E. Babson, P. Gunnells, R. Scott. "Geometry of the tetrahedron space," Adv. Math, 204(1): 176-203, 2006, arXiv0208119.
- E. Babson. "Reconstructing Metric Trees from Order Information on Triples is NP Complete," preprint, 2006, arXiv0603116.
Honors and Awards
- Institute of Mittag-Leffler member, 2005
- Institute for Advances Study member, 1997-1998
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute member, 1996-1997
- N.S.F. Postdoctoral Fellow, 1994-1997
- Institut Mittag-Leffler member, 1992
- Sloan Graduate Fellow, 1991-1992
- N.S.F. Graduate Fellow, 1988-1991
Last updated: 2009-06-24