Math 119B: Ordinary Differential Equations
UC Davis, Spring 2012
News and announcements
- (6/12) Have a great summer vacation!
- (6/12) The final grades have been submitted to the registrar and should be visible through your SIS account. I have also set up a Gradebook on the course SmartSite where you can see your final exam score and the final numerical score computed as a weighted average of the different course components.
- (6/12) Click here for the solutions
to the final exam.
- (6/6) Click here for an information sheet
with details about the final exam and some tips for studying.
- (5/16) Click here
for solutions to the second midterm quiz.
- (5/15) Click here
for solutions to the review problems from HW #5.
- (4/25) Click here for solutions
to the first midterm quiz.
- (4/10) Starting tomorrow, all lectures will take place in Wellman 107.
General course information
- Instructor: Dan Romik
- Lecture times and place: MWF 1:10-2:00 at Wellman 107
- Office hours: W 2:30-3:30 in my office, MSB 2218
- Prerequisites: MAT 21-22 lower division math series; 119A
- Course description: Click here for a detailed syllabus.
- Textbook and lecture notes:
- The course will use these lecture notes (last updated on 5/29/12).
- Part of the course will cover topics from Chapters 9 and 10 in the book
Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos, by Steven H. Strogatz.
Grading: The final grade will be determined from the following components:
Final and midterm dates:
- Homework (the highest 4 scores from 8 weekly assignments) -- 20%
- Two in-class midterm quizzes (25 minutes each) -- 30%
- Final exam -- 50%
- Midterm quiz 1 -- Wednesday, April 25
- Midterm quiz 2 -- Wednesday, May 16
- Final exam -- Tuesday June 12, 1-3 PM