Directions to Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics is located primarily on the second and third floors of the Mathematical Sciences Building, with most support staff on the first floor. You can view its location on the UC Davis Campus Map or Google Maps.
Davis is on Interstate 80, about 12 miles west of Sacramento, 75 miles east of San Francisco, and 65 miles east of Berkeley.
Parking: Visitors permits may be purchased in Visitors Parking lot 47 (VP 47) for $9.00. There is no free parking on or near campus. VP 47 is the closest parking lot to the Department of Mathematics and is located southwest of the Mathematical Sciences Building.
Directions to Visitor Parking Lot 47 from San Francisco:
- Drive on Interstate 80 East.
- Just before reaching Davis, turn north on Highway 113 North (note that you will encounter the 113 South turn-off before reaching the 113 North turn-off).
- Take Highway 113 North a short distance to its first exit at Hutchison Drive.
- Turn right on to Hutchison.
- Drive (east) about 1/2 mile on Hutchison until you reach La Rue.
- Turn right on to LaRue.
- Continue on LaRue around the left bend and turn left into Visitor Parking Lot 47.
The most convenient airport is Sacramento which is 30 minutes by car from the Davis campus. The Davis Airporter limousine service [telephone (530) 756-6715] runs between Davis and the Sacramento airport, and costs around $25.
Amtrak's Capitol Corridor and Coast Starlight lines serve Davis, providing an easy way to reach UC Davis from the Bay Area or points along the western coastline. Travelers from Berkeley or San Francisco may want to catch the BART (http://www.bart.gov) to Richmond and change to Amtrak there.
The Davis train station is a short walk from campus. Get directions from Amtrak.