Department of Mathematics Syllabus
This syllabus is advisory only. For details on a particular instructor's syllabus (including books), consult the instructor's course page. For a list of what courses are being taught each quarter, refer to the Courses page.
- Second Order Parabolic Boundary Value Problems.
- Weak Solutions, Regularity, and Maximum Principles.
- Semigroup theory.
- Nonlinear PDEs.
- Galerkin methods.
- Contraction mapping principles.
- Commutator estimates.
- Super and Sub Solutions and viscosity solutions.
- Elasticity theory.
- Harmonic map heat flow.
- Motion by mean curvature.
- Euler and Navier Stokes Equations.