Department of Mathematics Syllabus
This syllabus is advisory only. For details on a particular instructor's syllabus (including books), consult the instructor's course page. For a list of what courses are being taught each quarter, refer to the Courses page.
Suggested number of lectures are indicated in parentheses.
- (2) Derivatives. Algebraic properties.
- (1) Chain rule.
- (1) Extreme value theorem.
- (2) Mean value theorem. Consequences.
- (1) Sequences and series of functions.
- (3) Pointwise and uniform convergence. Continuity of uniform limits.
- (1) Power series. Radius of convergence.
- (2) Definition of the Riemann integral.
- (3) Properties of the Riemann integral.
- (2) Fundamental theorem of calculus.
- (1) Exchange of integral and limits.
- (2) Taylor series. Integral form and Lagrange of the remainder.
- (2) Integration and differentiation of power series.
- (2) Improper integrals.
- (1) Integral test for series.
Total: 26 lectures