Roland W Freund
Web Page: http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~freund/
Office: MSB 2140
Current Courses: MAT 226B
Office Hours: W 12:45 - 2:45 pm
My current research interests are mainly in numerical linear algebra, in particular in large-scale matrix computations and in model order reduction of dynamical systems.
Much of my research is motivated by computational problems arising in science and engineering; examples include VLSI circuit simulation and the mathematical modeling and simulation of fiber-optic communication systems.
- R.W. Freund and N.M. Nachtigal, "QMR: a quasi-minimal residual method for non-Hermitian linear systems," Numer. Math., 60: 315-339, 1991.
- R.W. Freund, G.H. Golub, and N.M. Nachtigal, "Iterative solution of linear systems," Acta Numerica 1992: 57-100, 1992.
- R.W. Freund, "A transpose-free quasi-minimal residual algorithm for non-Hermitian linear systems", SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 14: 470-482 (1993).
- P. Feldmann and R.W. Freund, "Efficient linear circuit analysis by Pade approximation via the Lanczos process," IEEE Trans. Computer-Aided Design, 14: 639-649, 1995.
- R.W. Freund, "Model reduction methods based on Krylov subspaces," Acta Numerica, 2003: 267-319, 2003.
Last updated: 2019-10-08