Hyperbolic geometry, geometric topology, geometric group theoryPh.D., 1988, Institute of Mathematics, Siberian Branch of Soviet Academy of Sci., Novosibirsk
AMS Math Reviews
Web Page: http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~kapovich/
Office: MSB 2224
Current Courses: MAT 280
Office Hours: Monday, 11:00-11:50 AM.
- Low dimensional geometry and topology. Kleinian groups and hyperbolic manifolds.
- Representation varieties of finitely generated groups.
- Configuration spaces of arrangements and mechanical linkages.
- Spaces of nonpositive curvature.
- Geometric group theory.
- Geometric representation theory of Lie groups.
- M. Kapovich and J. Kollar, "Fundamental groups of links of isolated singularities," Journal of AMS, 27:929-952, 2014, Full Text.
- D. Gallo, M. Kapovich and A. Marden, "On monodromy of Schwarzian differential equation on Riemann surfaces," Annals of Math., 151(2):625-704, 2000, Full Text.
- M. Kapovich, "Hyperbolic Manifolds and Discrete Groups," Modern Birkhauser Classics, 2009, Full Text.
- M. Kapovich, "Generalized triangle inequalities and their applications," Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians -Madrid, August 22-30, 2006. Eds. Marta Sanz-Sola, Javier Soria, Juan L. Varona, Joan Verdera. 2:719-742, Full Text.
- C. Drutu, M. Kapovich, "Geometric Group Theory," American Mathematica Society Colloquium Publications, 63, 2018, Publisher's Link.
Honors and Awards
- Gold medal of the Soviet ministry of higher education for the best master thesis, 1985-86
- NSF grants 1993-1995, 1996-1999, 1999-2002, 2002-2005, 2004-2008, 2006-2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2015, 2015-2019.
Last updated: 2019-09-14