Complex & hyperbolic manifolds, topology
Ph.D., 1988, Institute of Mathematics, Siberian Branch of Soviet Academy of Sci., Novosibirsk
Refereed publications: Via Math Reviews
Web Page: http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~kapovich/
Office: MSB 2224
Phone: 601-4444 x4019
- Low dimensional geometry and topology.
Kleinian groups and hyperbolic manifolds in all dimensions.
- Representation varieties of finitely generated groups.
- Configuration spaces of arrangements and mechanical linkages.
- Spaces of nonpositive curvature.
- Geometric group theory.
- Geometric representation theory of Lie groups.
Selected Publications M. Kapovich and J. J. Millson, "On representation varieties of Artin groups, projective arrangements and the fundamental groups of smooth complex algebraic varieties," Math. Publications of IHES, 88:5-95, 1999, "Full Text.
 D. Gallo, M. Kapovich and A. Marden, "On monodromy of Schwarzian differential equation on Riemann surfaces," Annals of Math., 151(2):625-704, 2000, Full Text.
 M. Kapovich, "Hyperbolic Manifolds and Discrete Groups," Birkhauser's series " Progress in Mathematics,", 183, 2000, Full Text.
 M. Kapovich, "Generalized triangle inequalities and their applications," Proceedings of the International Congress of Mathematicians -Madrid, August 22-30, 2006. Eds. Marta Sanz-Sola, Javier Soria, Juan L. Varona, Joan Verdera. 2:719-742, Full Text.
 M. Kapovich, "Homological dimension and critical exponent of Kleinian groups," Geometric Analysis and Functional Analysis, 18(6):2017-2054, 2009, Full Text.
Honors and Awards
- Gold medal of the Societ ministry of higher education for the best master thesis, 1985-86
- NSF grants 1993-1995, 1996-1999, 1999-2002, 2002-2005, 2004-2008, 2006-2009, 2009-2012, 2012-2015.
Last updated: 2012-04-16