Give to Math!
Your charitable, tax-deductible gift to the Department of Mathematics is greatly needed and appreciated. Your support will be used for the highest priority projects in the department to support both undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, programs and facilities. Thank you for your consideration!
For more information, please contact the Department Manager, Gladis Lopez, at (530) 752-0829 or e-mail email@example.com.
Below is a list of endowments, programs, and awards in the Department of Mathematics at UC Davis. We welcome your contributions to our research, teaching, public service, and outreach efforts.
- Eric C. Ruliffson Scholarship in Mathematics
- Awarded to economically disadvantaged students of junior or senior standing majoring in mathematics.
- Evelyn M. Silvia Scholarship for Future Mathematics Teachers
- Awarded to Junior or Senior Majors in Math, Applied Math or Statistics with aspirations to be a teacher of mathematics.
- G. Thomas Sallee Prize
- Awarded to first place finisher in annual Spring Mathematics Competition.
- Robert Lewis Wasser Memorial Scholarship
- Awarded to freshmen and sophomores based on their performance in a math competition held each year.
- Undergraduate Endowment
- Monetary prize awarded to students placing high in annual Spring Mathematics Competition.
- Alice Siu-Fun Leung Scholarship in Mathematics
- Awarded to graduate student with exceptional promise in mathematical research.
- Henry L. Alder Prize for Excellence in Teaching
- Awarded to graduate student deemed to be the top teacher among all graduate students in mathematics.
- William Karl Schwarze Scholarship in Mathematics
- Awarded to graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding mathematical scholarship and promise as a mathematics teacher at the pre-college or college level.
- Yueh-Jing Lin Fund
- Available to high-achieving mathematics students.
- Explore Math
- An outreach program that brings together graduate, undergraduate, and high school students interested in sharing the process of mathematical research, discovery, and problem solving.
- G. Thomas Sallee Mathematics Teaching Award
- To recognize the Outstanding Teacher of Lower Division Mathematics. Recipients are drawn from faculty, lecturers, visiting instructors, or associate instructors.
- Arthur J. Krener Mathematics Research and Teaching Endowment
- To provide support for the Krener Assistant Professors (KAPs).